>>On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:44:06 +0100 (CET), AJ wrote:
>>> I tried renaming/removing the file but nothing has changed. Anyone know
>>> could be wrong? I have windows Vista by the way.
>>Don't rename/remove the file that was installed by the installer, but the
>>file that was dropped in your Windows\System32 directory by some broken
>>Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I tried everything and got
>frustrated enough to uninstall it and reinstall. It starts up fine now. I
>have to use it for a bit to see if anything else comes up. Once again,
Ok, the woes start again. I now get the same message, but with these:

Plug-in crashed: "file-jpeg.exe"
(C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\file-jpeg.exe)

The dying plug-in may have messed up GIMP's internal state. You may want to
save your images and restart GIMP to be on the safe side.

Opening 'C:\Users\AJ\Pictures\Me, Myself, I and Pals\1Jen huge smile.jpg'

Procedure 'file-jpeg-load' returned no return values

AJ (via www.gimpusers.com)