On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 11:41:13 -0600, Programmer In Training wrote:

> Why are the thumbnails larger in file size then most of the originals
> (at full size)?! This is unacceptable. I'd rather not use jpg if it can
> at all be avoided. I used the same exact settings for saving as a png
> that I used for the originals.

Your originals have few colours and sharp borders, and are fairly small.
The thumbnails aren't that much smaller, but due to resizing, you
introduced a lot of new colours, which make the images harder to compress,
despite somewhat smaller size. You can save some space by converting the
images (both original and resized) to 256 colours, but the originals will
likely still compress better.

< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >