On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 23:16 +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > Not sure it matters unless you happen to run a lot of other applications
> > at the same time.  GIMP doesn't (to my knowledge) parallelize operations
> > on multiple cores.
>
> That is not correct. GIMP does make use of multiple processors for quite
> a few operations. And this is going to improve further while we migrate
> to GEGL.

Very cool.  I wasn't aware of that.  I learn something new every
day.  :-)

I'll have to look at that when I get home tonight since I've got a quad
core there and lots of big project files to try.

Is there any info on what types of operations make use of this?  If
there are no docs on it, is there somewhere in the source I can scan for
hints?

Thanks Sven.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjham...@graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org