I just tested this with other Pentax cameras. So far, files from the
K-7, K20D and K-x all open in Gimp without asking me to specify color
profile, and they all incorrectly default to sRGB. All these images DO
have an Adobe RGB profile embedded. But those are the only cameras I
can check with that include an Adobe RGB option.

As I mentioned, all the commercial applications I've tried had no
problems determining the appropriate color space for these files. It's
only open source tools that are unable to, including Gimp.

So is this a bug? Or is Pentax really that crazy with their file
formats? They can't be that crazy if commercial applications have no
trouble with the files.

--
Frank Gore
Project Manager