On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM, John Mills <johnmi...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Thanks to Stefan, Dan, and David for your replies. I'll look into all three
> approaches, but this looks most directly like what I had in mind.
>
> My limited intuition seemed to suggest that since RGB is an additive color
> space, there might be a direct way to subtract a cast out of it.
If what I provided is not satisfactory,
you might want to try the inverse transformation (in which the values
go in the 'output maximum' field instead of the 'input maximum'
field.).I do think that the inverse transformation is better for
previewing how a given picture will look  on the colored paper than
actually preparing it for print.