Hello, Is this the right place to ask a question about special filters in GIMP?
If so, I'd love some advice on the following task:

I have an RGB image that is basically a black background with many colorful
objects and white text.  --- I'd like to invert the image so that it is a white
background with black text but a simple invert inverts the colors in all the
colored objects as well. Is there a technique or tool to invert any part of the
image that is only a shade of grey? i.e. invert pixeils with a saturation of ~0
(if that is how you say it). I could imagine a filter that does a simple RGB
invert for any pixel whose calculated RGB saturation value is below a set
threshold. Does this type of tool/script exist?

thanks!
-Rich (revansx)