Hmm... I don't have that conf.d directory. Is there anything in it? I don't
know enough about GIMP to explain that, someone else here might.

You could edit the etc\fonts\fonts.conf to add the <cachedir> line above or
instead of the existing <cachedir>WINDOWSTEMPDIR_FONTCONFIG_CACHE</cachedir>
line - although the documentation warns against modifying that file directly
as it will be replaced when fontconfig is updated.

Alex

>In the GIMP-2.0\etc\fonts there is already a directory called conf.d
>All my attempts to put your <cachedir> line somewhere failed: in
>local.conf, under my user directory.
>Any suggestion?
>                       mario
>
>On 02-Feb-10 10:38, AlexV wrote:
>> I've had this problem myself. I'm going to make a guess here - you
>> automatically clear out your temp folder on reboot? Or have it on a
ram-disk
>> or something similar?
>>
>> Gimp stores it's font cache, by default, under the system temp folder. So,
if
>> the temp folder is cleared on reboot, fonts are re-indexed the next time
GIMP

AlexV (via www.gimpusers.com)