Hi, my son and I are doing a science project in which we're measuring dye
transport
in plant leaves over time. Using a Canon Powershot A40 and Canon's
RemoteCapture app to
snap images every 60 seconds.

Unfortunately, through RemoteCapture you can set film speed, but shutter
speed
remains in Auto mode. In order to digitally compare each image with the
initial
reference image (to determine the amount of dye absorbed), the exposures
need
to be the same each time.

Is there a way to compensate for exposure time in a relatively accurate way,
say,
see each image as if it were shot in 1/20 sec? I wish I could use the CHDK
package,
but the A40 doesn't seem to be supported.

Regards,
kinata

--
kinata (via www.gimpusers.com)