>Quoting Brian <for...@gimpusers.com>:
>
>That would be rather simple but I won't be able to get to it until
>maybe this weekend (besides, a complete re-write is called for since
>that old code looks embarrassingly ugly given my improved
>understanding of Script-fu I've attained since it was written).
>
>One question I would ask is whether cut out portions of layers should
>become transparent -- even if the layer does not initially have an
>alpha channel. This to me would seem a reasonable assumption but it
>might be preferable to fill the selected region with the background
>color if the layer has no alpha channel.

That would be fantastic; thank you! I think it would make sense for the cut
regions to be transparent. Personally, when I work, I give all layers an alpha
channel and have a separate layer for just the background color, so that layer
wouldn't even be linked with the others when cutting or copying, and it would
show through anyway.

I should really look into learning script-fu. I'm sure it would be helpful.

--
Brian (via www.gimpusers.com)