Am Mittwoch, 17. Februar 2010 18:58:57 schrieb Sandi P.:
> I have a photograph with a person cut exactly in half vertically.  How can
>  I recreate that person whole?  I want to flip the original horizontally,
>  make a copy, and then stitch that flipped copy onto the original. Can
>  anyone give me the process steps for accomplishing this?  Thanks!!!

- Load the image into Gimp.
- Double the horizontal canvas size (in the Image menu)
- Right click the image layer in the layer dock, select "duplicate layer".
- With the move tool, position the new layer right of the original.
- Now right click on the layer, choose "layer / transformation / flip <->".
- Finally, use "image / flatten image" to rejoin the layers.