On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:41:09 +0100, Tőkés Ábel wrote:

> From the behavior of these documents I got to the conclusion that
> Word stores all bitmap pictures in a jpg format. This is independent
> from the source of the picture (whether it was inserted as a picture
> file or just pasted from the clipboard.) So, every time I save the
> document, more and more jpeg errors are produced in all pictures.

This is not true, or at least not true in just any case.

Look at the these two snapshots
http://www.secarica.ro/misc/png_test.png
http://www.secarica.ro/misc/png_test_word_to_paint.png

The png_test_word_to_paint.png is the result of this:
I opened a blank Word document (Office 2003)
I dragged the file test.png onto it
I saved the document without closing
I wrote something
I closed the document with save
I opened the document and wrote something
I closed the document with save
I opened the document
I copied the image in clipboard
I opened Paint and pasted the clipboard there
I saved the image from Paint as .png

Ok, the saved image has fewer colors (so it is no longer the perfect
original), but as it looks it has *never* been in JPEG format.

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
http://www.secarica.ro/