Carusoswi writes:
> If I print from 2.7, the Turboprint option is not available and, while I can
> get my i960 to work, full functionality is not available.

I don't know where this Turboprint option is, but if it's a separate
Print option in GIMP's File menu, my guess is that Turboprint is
installing its own Print plug-in, and you need to copy the one
it installed for 2.6 to 2.7.

It might be installed in your profile directory, e.g.
~/.gimp-2.6/plug-ins, or it might be installed in a system location,
e.g. /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins. Check your GIMP Preferences in 2.6,
under Files > Plug-ins, for possible locations.