On 04/03/10 21:12, John Culleton wrote:
> I wanted to use the free Pricedown font in a Gimp process. First I put it
> in  my home directory:
> /home/safe/.gimp-2.6/fonts/pricedow.ttf
> Gimp didn't find it.
> Then I put it in
> /usr/share/fonts/TTF/pricedow.ttf
> Gimp didn't find it.
> Then I put it in /usr/share/gimp/2.0/fonts/pricedow.ttf
> Gimp found it.
>
> Now we are a long way from 2.0. Why do I have to put a font in there to be
> found?  And why doesn't the online Gimp manual say anything about font
> installation?
>
> Slackware 13 Linux, Gimp 2.6.6

I'm using FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p2 with GIMP 2.6.6 and all of my fonts (I
have over 10,000 and that's not including those installed with GIMP and
my system) are in ~/.fonts/ and GIMP detects them all (along with every
other app) just fine.

--
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscribed.