> Von: Deniz Dogan <deniz.a.m.do...@gmail.com>
> Datum: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 13:24:31 +0200
> An: Sacryd <for...@gimpusers.com>
> Cc: <gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu>
> Betreff: Re: [Gimp-user] New Image from Visible Layers?
>
> 2010/4/4 Sacryd <for...@gimpusers.com>:
>> I'm new to both GIMP and this forum. Please forgive me if this question has
>> been asked - I don't see it anywhere.
>>
>> Is there a way to create a new image from visible layers?
>>
>> I'm creating a set of cards that includes arrows, shadows, text and
>> background. Each of these objects are in their own layer. All of the layers
>> are in a single .xcf file.
>>
>> I need to mix and match these layers down into multiple .png files.
>>
>> I could do this by:
>> 1. Making one variation of layers visible.
>> 2. Save as a .png file.
>> 3. Reload my .xcf file.
>> 4. Repeat until I have created all my cards.
>>
>> Is there a simpler way?
>>
>> Thanks!  :)
>>
>> --
>> Sacryd (via www.gimpusers.com)

Hi Sacryd!

choose "new from visible" (menu layer,) and drag and drop that new layer
over the tool-box > creates a new image.

Save it (eg. as png), close it and go back to your still open xcf-file.

If you prefer shortcurts you can define one for "new from visible" (menu
edit > shortcuts)

hope this helps,
Tina