Quoting "Christopher S." <for...@gimpusers.com>:

> I had a question about the GIMP license. Can it be used in an enterprise,
> corporate, or government setting? I would like to install it on a couple of
> computers in our office but before I do, I need to make sure the license
> agreement allows this. From what I could tell, it's okay but I need
> to be 100%
> sure. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

There are no license restrictions on how you use GIMP either
personally or within your company/agency. You may make as many copies
as you like and install them on as many machines as you like. You may
make modifications and improvements to the code and so long as you do
not distribute the modified versions outside your company, there is no
requirement that you share your changes.

Basically, as long as your usage of the GIMP remains internal to your
company, you have effectively the same rights as original author would
have.

However, should you decide to distribute GIMP to people outside your
company then there are some conditions that must be satisfied. These
conditions vary somewhat depending upon the nature of your
distribution but they boil down to  basically three things 1) you must
be be willing to provide the source code, 2) you must offer recipients
the same unrestricted rights to use/copy/modify the program and the
source code that you had, and 3) you must provide recipients with a
patent license for any patented technologies which you have introduced
in the code you've added GIMP.