Thanks Xiella.  Yes, I got it.  I get used to the terms from Microsoft, where
we call any items as an object, well object oriented  :)

[] On Behalf Of Xiella Harksell
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 3:15 PM
Subject: [SPAM] - Re: [Gimp-user] [SPAM] - [SPAM] - Re: [SPAM] - Re: looking
forbinary softwareto install - Email found in subject - Emailfound in subject -
Email found in subject - Email found in subject

> >John Ma wrote:
> >>Thanks for the reminder, Branko.   I guess I kind of figured it out now.
> >>Have a nice evening !
> >>John
> Xiella Harksell wrote:
> >It's probably late in the piece, but I just thought I'd add that you actually
> >can resize just a layer, both with and without scaling (just as for
> >images).  Just do one of the following while the background layer is
> >selected (or whichever layer you wished):
> >- Layer -> Layer Boundary Size (Crops layer)
> >- Layer -> Scale layer (Resizes layer to scale)
> John Ma wrote:
> It's never too late to get some hits or tips to me, Xiella, it's really a
> good reminder.  By the way, how can I select the background layer?  By
> default, it always selects the image object

Hi John,

I've replied this email on the list, rather than to you personally, so that
others can help/be helped.  I'm not quite sure what you mean by an image object
- GIMP is, in general, a raster editor so we don't really use objects.  You can
access the layers dialog by Windows -> Dockable Dialogs -> Layers (should be in
the second section).  That shows a preview list of the layers you have on your
image and you can select the specific layer from there.

You might wish to read for
more information about layers.

Kind regards