Thanks Xiella.  Yes, I got it.  I get used to the terms from Microsoft, where
we call any items as an object, well object oriented  :)

From: gimp-user-boun...@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
[mailto:gimp-user-boun...@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Xiella Harksell
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 3:15 PM
To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
Subject: [SPAM] - Re: [Gimp-user] [SPAM] - [SPAM] - Re: [SPAM] - Re: looking
forbinary softwareto install - Email found in subject - Emailfound in subject -
Email found in subject - Email found in subject

> >John Ma wrote:
> >>Thanks for the reminder, Branko.   I guess I kind of figured it out now.
> >>Have a nice evening !
> >>John
>
> Xiella Harksell wrote:
> >It's probably late in the piece, but I just thought I'd add that you actually
> >can resize just a layer, both with and without scaling (just as for
> >images).  Just do one of the following while the background layer is
> >selected (or whichever layer you wished):
> >- Layer -> Layer Boundary Size (Crops layer)
> >- Layer -> Scale layer (Resizes layer to scale)
>
> John Ma wrote:
> It's never too late to get some hits or tips to me, Xiella, it's really a
> good reminder.  By the way, how can I select the background layer?  By
> default, it always selects the image object

Hi John,

I've replied this email on the list, rather than to you personally, so that
others can help/be helped.  I'm not quite sure what you mean by an image object
- GIMP is, in general, a raster editor so we don't really use objects.  You can
access the layers dialog by Windows -> Dockable Dialogs -> Layers (should be in
the second section).  That shows a preview list of the layers you have on your
image and you can select the specific layer from there.

You might wish to read
http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/gimp-image-combining.html#gimp-concepts-layers for
more information about layers.

Kind regards