>On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Patrick Shanahan <ptilopt...@gmail.com>
>> You fail to mention the versions of the binaries you are using to make
>> your statement or who generated those binaries and whether the exif data
>> function was even compiled into your binaries.
>I currently have Gimp 2.6.8. I've had the same issue with UFraw 0.15
>and 0.16. I have exiftool 7.82-2.2. All of these binaries are from
>openSUSE 11.2. All EXIF data just vanishes when I open a RAW file from
>my Pentax K-7.
>But apparently it's not just UFraw/Gimp. Digikam does the same thing
>on my system, and it uses libraw 0.7.2 for its RAW conversion. I can
>see all the existing EXIF data in the RAW file by using exiv2, but it
>just doesn't get carried over when I process the RAW file. If I dump
>all EXIF, IPTC and XMP data to a text file, it becomes a 315 KB file.
>This is beyond aggravating. I'm not even sure where to start looking
>for the problem.

In my case at least the EXIF info IS read in Digikam and UFRAW, however it
won't export the EXIF information from ufraw unless you go straight to jpeg.
I see no point in exporting to a lossy format only to edit it again so I
always export to ppm.  If anyone knows how to get around that problem I'd love
to know!

Marshalleq (via www.gimpusers.com)