On 05/16/2010 05:52 AM, Dave wrote:
> Hi,
> I take a lot of photos at car shows and the like, but it's a pain going
> through them manually afterwards and pixellating the number plates.
> Is there a way I can define a mask or something that I can then apply to a
> folder of images, which will pixellate/blank out the registration plates of
> the cars?
> Thanks in advance for any hints/tips!

I have no idea how they do it, but Google does it on a huge scale.  If you look
a Google Maps, Street View, in a residential neighborhood, you will see that
virtually all the license plates have been blurred-out.  And they are doing it
to something a lot more complicated than individual stand-alone still images.