On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Cameron Gregory <c...@bloke.com> wrote:
> In some cases there is also "out by one" problem.
> Here is a patch for said issue (most noticeable when rounding is 100% (trying
> to make a pill)
> http://blog.bloke.com/2010/05/patch-for-gimp-select-rounded-rectangle/

The most straightforward way to create a pixel-perfect rounded
rectangle with border I can think of is to use Inkscape
(http://www.inkscape.org/) and import the SVG into Gimp. You get
perfect control over the rounding and border weight + the
rasterization of the SVG eliminates the jaggedness.

Another way I can think of is to convert the rounded selection to
path, stroke it to create the border. This produces acceptable
results, but I've noticed some weird artifacts.

Branko Vukelić

Check out my blog: http://www.brankovukelic.com/
Check out my portfolio: http://www.flickr.com/photos/foxbunny/
Registered Linux user #438078 (http://counter.li.org/)