2010/6/2 Branko Vukelic <bg.bra...@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Cameron Gregory <c...@bloke.com> wrote:
>> In some cases there is also "out by one" problem.
>>
>> Here is a patch for said issue (most noticeable when rounding is 100%
>> (trying to make a pill)
>>
>> http://blog.bloke.com/2010/05/patch-for-gimp-select-rounded-rectangle/
>
> The most straightforward way to create a pixel-perfect rounded
> rectangle with border I can think of is to use Inkscape
> (http://www.inkscape.org/) and import the SVG into Gimp. You get
> perfect control over the rounding and border weight + the
> rasterization of the SVG eliminates the jaggedness.
>
> Another way I can think of is to convert the rounded selection to
> path, stroke it to create the border. This produces acceptable
> results, but I've noticed some weird artifacts.

It's too bad one has to resort to using other programs for pixel
perfect borders (as if there ever was such a thing). That means it's
impossible to write a Script-Fu for it (unless you are *really*
ambitious) and also that you can't use GIMP's gradients to fill the
border or the background of the box.

A sad day this is.

--
Deniz Dogan