On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre.prokoud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/22/10, yahvuu wrote:
>> Hey Alexandre,
>> hopefully this doesn't compromise your health, but an object picker has
>> already been proposed (which is my fault) [1], and for good reason:
>> If you take non-destructive editing serious, you inevitably end up with a
>> finer granularity of adjustability than with the current scheme -- hence
>> objects  [2]. This is not my fault, but GEGL's. Should also produce a little
>> relief for those poor little abused layers ;-)
> Well, it looks like slightly improved existing Move tool to me :)

I'd add it wouldn't make a lot of sense without vastly improved vector
paths tool. Otherwise it's much better and simpler to have layer
groups and "objects" on different layers.

Branko Vukelić

Check out my blog: http://www.brankovukelic.com/
Check out my portfolio: http://www.flickr.com/photos/foxbunny/
Registered Linux user #438078 (http://counter.li.org/)