On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Greg A. <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
> This is frustrating.  GIMP seems quite simple but obviously first discovery
> isn't intuitive. I successfully copied and layered two photos, I verify by
> reversing the layers, all good. I think I found opacity in the toolbar but I
> change it and there's no difference. I'm thinkin I'm sooo close but am just
> still missing something.  A bit more help I think, and I'll owe a bit of
> whatever you choose to alter your mood :-)

If the lead singer is on white background, and you want the background
image to show where the singer image is white, you might want to cut
the singer out of the white. I've written a tutorial on that here:

Branko Vukelić

Check out my blog: http://www.brankovukelic.com/
Check out my portfolio: http://www.flickr.com/photos/foxbunny/
Registered Linux user #438078 (http://counter.li.org/)