>zootybubbles wrote,
>> I just downloaded Gimp in hopes of being able to use it to edit my
>> However, when I opened it and clicked to add a picture, my entire screen
>> turned grey and was unresponsive.  I had to use the power button to get
>> option to restart.  I tried Gimp three more times and each time it failed
>> I had to restart.  Does anyone know what is wrong and how I can get Gimp
>> work.
>What is your operating system?
>What version of GIMP?
> From where did you download it?
>What exactly did you "click to add a picture"?
I use Leopard 10.5.8.
I downloaded Gimp 2.6.8 from http://gimp.lisanet.de/Website/Download.html
(which is where www.gimp.org lead me).
When I opened the program there was a box with an image of the Gimp fox-thing
in it and it said "Drag image here", so I clicked on my image to drag it and
the screen went gray. Before doing that though, if I were to just click in the
box with the fox-thing, the screen would go gray too.

zootybubbles (via www.gimpusers.com)