I've just come back to the GIMP after some years absence,  but thought I
knew what I was doing.  However -- I downloaded the gmic_gimp plugin for
64-bit Linux, and installed it (I thought) by unzipping the binary into
$HOME/.gimp-2.6/plug-ins.  It's there, it's a 64-bit ELF binary, etc.
But the GIMP never seems to find it.

So, I tried it again in the global
library:  /usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins.  Still no luck.  It doesn't show
up in the filters menu, nor does it appear in the plug-in browser.

Has anyone gotten this plug-in working?

System:  Dual-core Athlon II,
OS:  Fedora Core 11 (very recent installation).
GIIMP:  2.6.8 (came with distro).

Jeff Trefftzs