On 07/25/2010 03:49 AM, Byram wrote:
I have an old 7 mp image that I'm trying to increase to around 10MP.  I've
read it's best to increase by 10%, then unsharpen, and repeat process until
you get to the desired result.

I unsharpened with radius at 5, threshold 15, and amount .5.

When I finished the process.  I viewed the image at 100% and it was terrible.
Any recommendations regarding the process or the unsharpened mask settings?

Thanks.

It makes a difference what type of image it is. Enlarging a jpg will give worse results than enlarging a tif or raw, for example. Try decomposing the img into LAB and sharpening only the L layer.

HTH

Andrew