Crop--like tool #1 you learn to use. I have used it TODAY just fine, making
the image I was cropping smaller. But suddenly, when I cropped I got the
cropped area and a transparent area surrounding it. This was a one layer
image. Nothing fancy--just took some screen shots and wanted to trim them.
And now I've got my trimmed image surrounded by a huge transparent area,
and I cannot figure out:

1) What changed
2) How to get rid of that transparent area

I have never used the Resize button before, but it seems to act just as the
Crop button does. Tried it on pngs, jpgs and xcfs...all the same.

I am mystified. What did I change? How do I un-change it? Using 2.2.13
(happily, until today) on Linux.

Jim Clark