Thanks for the reply but.....I have tried that and it did not work.
I worked in the sense that when I saved my image as a .psd I could open it and
edit it including the text layers in gimp but when I send it to a friend to
open it in photoshop the text layers become just layers and cannot be edited.
For me to make the graphic in gimp and sell it on Graphic river the person
buying the graphic needs to be able to edit the text in photoshop.
So I do not know if there is another way that I can save the text layers as a
.psd in gimp and still be able to edit them in photoshop.

Thanks again

--
Nikolas Konvalin (via www.gimpusers.com)