On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 21:47:18 +0200, Gino D wrote:

> Among the major Linux distros available on Live CD, where can I find the
> latest stable version of GIMP pre-installed? I have already tried the
> most recent releases of both Ubuntu and Fedora, but to my great surprise
> neither of them has got GIMP pre-installed.

PCLinuxOS currently has 2.6.9 in the live CD. See

The latest ISOs with 2.6.10 are due shortly.

Martin Goose --- "Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not
wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse, so as to
withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public
has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance"
Dr A H Dykes    I Structural E     1976