Hello the list !

I am totally new to the Gimp and would need to write a script that does
the following:

1) generate text strings (with a specified font) using all consonants
(except for "X", "W", "Y" and "Z") that look like this:
                        - BXXXX
                        -XBXXX
                        -XXBXX
                        -XXXBX
                        -XXXXB
I was wondering if doing this through the Gimp is really efficient (I
was thinking of using a spreadsheet instead).

2) Insert the above made lines in one jpeg picture each (800x600),
vertically and horizontally centred.

3) Make five copies of every jpeg and manipulate contrast in order to
fade from highest to lowest according to a certain step
(luminance/square-root of 2).

To those wondering, this is for stimuli building in a psychology
experiment.

I would very much appreciate any hints on which tools to use.

Cheers,
Damien.