I've been using Gimp for a good while, but today I tried to edit a TIFF image
of an old document with lots of speckles on it. No problem - use the despeckle
tool! However, when I try to invoke it, all the enhance filters are greyed
out. I then tried a similar file, this time a jpeg and the filters are all
enabled. I then thought maybe it doesn't like to image type so I saved it as
a PNG file, killed Gimp and restarted. The filters are still disabled.

Can someone suggest why the filters are disabled for this image, and how I
can fix it?

Many thanks

| Bill Purvis, Model Engineer           |
|  email: b...@billp.org                |