Hey all,

I am an Entertainment Design student, and I intend to create a set of at least
THIRTY freely licensed Fantasy Portraits crafted in a painterly style, to be
used in games and media by anyone! All of the portraits will be released dually
under both the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license and GPL 3.0.
These portraits will likely be used in a great many open source and free media
projects, but they are being specifically crafted for the OSARE project, an
open source computer game with all its 3D assets created in BLENDER, currently
being developed with inspiration from games like Diablo and Heroes of Might and
Magic. But because of the license I am choosing, they could be used for any
number of projects from other video and computer games of different varieties,
to print board games and rpgs, to modules and adventure scenarios or for use in
other media. And what's more is that the portraits used in OSARE will have
their game models based on my portraits.

I have started a Kickstarter project to raise 1500 dollars to pay for my spring
term at Concept Art Academy in Pasadena. And those who back me will have their
likenesses used for the portraits, so if you back the project, I will paint you
(or a loved one) as a fantasy hero and you will potentially be a character
(with a model) in the game

I am over $1000 with about 18 or 19 days left. And I have instituted some
additional goals. Since it seems likely I will reach my goal of $1,500 and then
some, if I reach $2000, I will be creating a minimum of 35 portraits, and if I
reach $3000 I will be creating a full length video tutorial on my painting
process in GIMP.

So help support artists working on open source projects and get a portrait of
yourself or a loved on done in the process!

I hope to be painting you soon,

JustinNichol (via gimpusers.com)