On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Matthew Corrie Wade
<mr.ograp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.  I would like to be able to use Gimp to alter designs for commercial
> use - is this allowed?  Thanks for your time.
> --
> Matthew Corrie Wade
> Seducing the Count
> Breathing Geometry & Dance
> www.seducingthecount.com
> 0401096079

Hi, the license of GIMP (GPL) makes no comment on works created via
use of the software, so it is unrestricted. The term "derivative
works" in the GPL has confused some people at various times -- it
means a derived software, though, not any manner of thing which is
created *by* the software.
For example, there are commercial software packages for Linux compiled
with GCC; The compilation result is 'program output', not a derivative

Hope that clarifies things.