The rotate tool have an "opacity" slider for the preview in the "tool options dialog".

El 21/01/11 11:16, Jeremy Nell escribió:
1.  I have an illustration with a few layers (lines and colours).
2.  I drag and drop, let's say, an image of a TV onto the illustration.
3.  I move the TV's layer down to below all the layers, so that it's at
the bottom and appears partly behind, say, a cabinet.
4.  I want to scale and rotate it so that it looks better (still behind
the cabinet).  I click the Rotate tool.
5.  When I rotate the TV, it no longer appears behind all the other
layers (and, thus, behind the cabinet).  It appears as if it were the
top most layer and, thus, in front of the cabinet.

Is there a way to make it NOT do that?  This is because I physically
can't see behind it, so my rotating becomes guesswork; if my rotation is
wrong, then I undo and try again, which becomes a bit tedious.