At 02:47 AM 1/22/2011, you wrote:

>On 01/22/2011 10:38 AM, Ray Tayek wrote:
> > At 02:03 AM 1/21/2011, you wrote:
> >> I used a plain: "convert page3b.eps page3b.gif" (no parameters whatsoever)
> > displaying this in my email reader (eudora), it looks great. in a
> > browser it looks great.
> >
> > viewing with picasa shows a black background, gimp shows a checkerboard.
>Very likely because by default it is a transparent GIF (btw, IMHO PNG is
>much better than GIF).

i picked png because they looked the same to me (i have poor vision)
and the gif was smaller.

>(side note: at that point GIMP is no longer involved, so I'm wondering
>if this can can continue on the Gimp-user list).

i agree. this looks like ghostscript is what i should be fooling around with.

i looked for gs mailing lists, but just found these: - it doesn't look like the
is a mailing list for users :)

thanks to all for your help.