On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Martin Nordholts <ense...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/02/2011 02:32 PM, Jeremy Nell wrote:
>> Will the next release of Gimp be a bit quicker?
>
> I'm afraid not; the next release of GIMP, GIMP 2.8, will not be quicker
> in this regard.
>
> The release after that, GIMP 3.0, will focus on running on GTK 3.0 and
> bringing high bit depths into the picture.
>
> 3.2 will focus on non-destructiveness
>
> Maybe in 3.4 we'll have time to solve this in a proper way.

Actually, this may well be solved for GIMP 3.0 - as it will them most
depend on GEGL improvements.
Pippin has detailed the improvements that could be done on GEGL with
regards to speed rendering in a document he posted on Tuesday (I don't
remember if it was to this list):
mostly improvements that would allow the image viewport to be real
time rendered, while the real rendering would happen in background.

  js
  -><-