I'm a new user of GIMP 2.6.11 for OSX, and I can't figure out how to make photo
colors print correctly.  My printer is an Epson 2200, driver version 8.37.
When I print one of my old photos from Mac Preview, colors come out the same as
they did when I used this printer from Photoshop 6 on my old Windows PC.  When
I print the same image from GIMP on the Mac (using the Print command, not
Gutenprint, and selecting photo quality and specifying the right paper, etc),
the colors are too far off for a simple CY, MAG, Y level adjustment to get back
to what I expect.  Under image properties GIMP says the color profile of the
image is sRGB IEC61966-2.1, and the image appears the same on my monitor in
GIMP as it does in Preview.  But it appears GIMP may be using a different color
profile for printing than for display.  is that possible, and if so, how can I
change it?

dmclean (via gimpusers.com)