>Thanks for the directions, they seem a bit linux-centric for me dozing
>over Windoze, and failing to mention that.  If I can unpack a tar to an
>HTML, will my Windoze make such a difference?

>On 2/7/2011 07:47, rich wrote:
>>
>>> Where does html/en need to be installed in GIMP file structure, please?
>>
>> snip

snipped a load of linux stuff

LOL

Always dangerous to assume, the .tar.bz2 format is very much a linux thing, gpg
(mingw32) gpg should have been a clue.

For windows, first install gimp help 2.6 from sourceforge and check that it
works.

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

Then if you desperately want v2.61 unpack the archive. Use whatever you want
but peazip works and there is a windows version.

then the (default) location is

C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\help\en

screenshot here.

http://imgur.com/bsAoI

--
rich (via gimpusers.com)