I'm sending tiff files to GIMP (version 2.6.7 for Windows) from a raw
converter.  The tiff files contain a lot of EXIF data such as Fnumber,
FocalLength, ExposureTime, ISO. and so-on.  When I save as jpeg from GIMP, most
of the EXIF data is discarded.  In the "Save as JPEG" dialog, the checkbox
"Save EXIF data" (under Advaned Options" is unchecked.  It is grayed out so I
cannot check it.

In Chapter 6 of the GIMP manual, it says

Although GIMP uses the “libexif” library to read and write EXIF data, the
library is not automatically packaged with GIMP. If GIMP was built with libexif
support, then EXIF data is preserved

Here are my questions: (1) Is the Windows version of GIMP packaged with
libexif? (2) If not, is there a workaround?

perkin-warbeck (via gimpusers.com)