> From: rob.antonis...@gmail.com
> Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 13:07:05 -0500
> To: aldeaglo...@gmail.com
> CC: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Rule of thirds or golden ratio tool (suggestion)
>
> hello
>
> I'd suggest a tool for photographic composition that has as options the
> rule of thirds or the golden ratio. So you can do photo composition on the
> fly and crop the image based on it.

The Crop tool supports this feature already, just like the rectangle select.
(At least as of GIMP 2.6 ... you didn't say which version.)

It would probably not be too difficult to write a script-fu to add guides to
the current image/layer for these divisions as well.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com