On 04/10/2011 08:09 PM, Rob Frohne wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm trying to streamline a daily activity processing photos with Gimp
> by using incrontab (which makes it when you add files to a directory,
> it will automatically run a program to deal with the event).  I have a
> python-fu script that I need to run after selecting four corners of
> what will be new photos.  It will run itself on all images open in
> gimp which reduces my keystrokes or mouse clicks.  The problem I'm
> having is that when I put four photos into the processing directory,
> incron opens four instances of gimp instead of opening gimp once and
> adding each photo to its open images.  I'm using Ubuntu Linux.  Are
> there any ideas out there on how to get around this problem cleanly?
> I'd really like to make the same instance of gimp open the photos, but
> I'm not sure how to do that.
> Thanks,

Given that Gimp takes '-n' argument to force the use of  a new instance,
I'd think that the behavior you see isn't normal. Perhaps the foiur Gimp
calls are made too fast for Gimp to set up the first instance fully. I
would call Gimp from a script that does some random wait (doesn't need
to be very long) before calling it...