On Friday 22 April 2011 12:31:22 Francesco Scaglioni wrote:
> Hugin
> ---
> (Apologies for brevity, top posting and poor citation - this email
was sent
> from a mobile device) ---

Why would you address the bounces list?

Gimp runs well on Linux but it also runs on Windows and OS X.
Perhaps you meant "Open Source" software.

The rather old book "Grokking the Gimp" has a two page
dissertation on panoramas (256-257).

My experience with TeX, Gimp, Scribus, Inkscape etc. is that, while
the software and the support are free, successful use also requires
a library of good books on the software.  I also own (and use) "The
Artist's Guide to Gimp Effects." Amazon lists some other titles I
haven't bought yet.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus: