I recently downloaded gimp 2.6.11 (running 64 bit win7) starting from the
official site which directed to a mirror.

I stupidly did not verify checksum and said OK before launching setup.
Install program was not signed, and again I stupidly said yes. After running
about two seconds, the install program reported that something was corrupted
and quit. I refreshed the download mirror site, was directed to another
mirror, that was signed properly, installed OK, and everything is fine.

When I compared the files, the one that didn't work was smaller --
19,205,764 bytes as opposed to 20,367,424 bytes in the correct one.
Naturally I've scanned for problems and can't find any, but something
doesn't feel right. Is a known compromised mirror? Thanks,