"Christen Anderson" <christenanderson1...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to rotate the paintbrush tool? There’s many times when I’m
> using a brush
> and it’s at the wrong angle. Placing the brush on a separate layer and then
> rotating the
> layer is a huge hassle. Therefore, I was wondering if there was a way to
> rotate brushes.

This feature has been in the betas for a while.

If you're running Ubuntu:
http://www.gimpusers.com/tutorials/compiling-gimp-for-ubuntu
(this should also apply to other Linux distributions)

If you're running Windows, there are unofficial, but apparently working,
downloads from: http://www.partha.com/

If you don't feel like running beta software, you could just use the
rotate/resize script at http://registry.gimp.org/node/16231
but it involves some more clicks to use.

--
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

http://donttrack.us/ -- because you're worth it