>For one of the many usual reasons, I had to wipe my c:\ hard drive and
>re-install Vista Home Premium and all my software.

>specifically, I followed the directions in
>http://www.gimpusers.com/tutorials/install-python-for-gimp-2-6-windows.html to
>get Python-Fu working again -- NOT!
Can anybody tell me where I went wrong and what I should install instead of the
above and/or what to do about the DLL(s) in the error message? HELP!

I've had a similar experience with python 2.6, the all-in-one package has not
improved things. I also followed that tutorial to no avail.

Helping someone install python in win7 a couple of weeks ago and various
combinations from latest-to-older of cairo-gobject-gtk failed. In the end
resorted to python 2.5 which at least does work. I dare say that there will be
python scripts that will not work with 2.5 but so far photivo launcher, gurm,
etc work.

These are the packages I know do work

And FWIW a video installing in Win7 (about 5 minutes)

If you do find a mix of python 2.6 that works please inform & I will be
eternally grateful.

rich (via gimpusers.com)