I am writing a book, a paperback extension and revision of
my e-book listed below. The new book will feature Gimp and
Inkscape as well as well as Scribus.

One invariant quality of any book on Open Source software
is that it refers to an obsolete version of said software.
I currently have and use Gimp 2.6.11. That said, is the
release of 2.8 expected wtihin three months? If so I will
use screen shots from 2.7.x. Otherwise I will stick to
2.6.11 for my reference version.

The UI is quite different so that the choice is not
Yes, I know, 2.8 will be ready when it is ready. I am just
asking for a best guess based on prior history of Gimp
releases and the complexities of this one.

John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural:

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"