>  I dl'ed a tarfile of scripts from gimp-fx factory at sourceforge
>today...and later noticed a bunch of errors stemming from
>/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plugins.
>This is just a few of them :

>GIMP-Error: Plug-in "script-fu"
>(/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu)
>attempted to register the menu item "<Image>/FX-Foundry/Layer Effects"
>for procedure "script-fu-layer-effects-color-overlay".
>The menu label given in gimp_install_procedure() already contained a
>path.  To make this work, pass just the menu's label to
>gimp_install_procedure().

>GIMP-Error: Plug-in "script-fu"
>(/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu)
>attempted to register the menu item "<Image>/FX-Foundry/Layer Effects"
>for procedure "script-fu-layer-effects-gradient-overlay".
>The menu label given in gimp_install_procedure() already contained a
>path.  To make this work, pass just the menu's label to
>gimp_install_procedure().

>GIMP-Error: Plug-in "script-fu"
>(/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu)
>attempted to register the menu item "<Image>/FX-Foundry/Layer Effects/"
>for procedure "script-fu-layer-effects-drop-shadow".
>The menu label given in gimp_install_procedure() already contained a
>path.  To make this work, pass just the menu's label to
>gimp_install_procedure().

>Why are the errors stemming from /usr/lib/gimp/2.0
>Doesn't seems there are any scripts in there..just some executables and
>some Python programs. Do those files still apply to GIMP 2.6 ??

There is no gimp-fx factory.
You probably mean foundry.
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu is indeed a binary.
It's called by gimp to run .scm (tinyscheme) scripts.
I d/led gimpfx-foundry-2.6.1.zip and unpacked them,couldn't find the script you
mention however.
I am willing to check on the script if you can supply the correct URL.
Gerard.

--
gerard82 (via gimpusers.com)