On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Jim Clark wrote:

> I am making a lot of images that I am indexing to 40 color.  Is there a
> way I can temporarily set the default so that it does not require me to
> go in and change it on every image?  Note--temporarily...I want to do
> this for a little while, but then have the default return to 256.

Ah, that's the same when I want to merge all layers to be "Clipped to bottom layer".
It is always set to "Expand as necessary".  Rather annoying GIMP doesn't default to
the last used options.
But this is perhaps a restriction in GTK (or whatever that lib is called)?

--

-Stephan  /
         /  tisprut productions [tm]

            http://wiktor.dk/~stephan