"Robert J. Brown" wrote:

>     Jarda> Hi, I have made some image hoses for CVS Gimp. Get them at
>     Jarda> http://www.pvtnet.cz/www/pvt.benkovsk/gimp/misc.html
>
>     Jarda> Also there's a wax seal with Wilber. Enjoy!
>
> The seal is fantastic!  Do you have a script that will produce such
> seals from other images as well?  How did you do the ray tracing to

Yes. Look at wax-seal script there.

> get the highlights so perfect on the bulging 3D wax image?  My

*grin* raytracing? Not at all! It's only a simple cheat. It's
implemented
in wax-seal for Gimp 1.1 but it's easy and does not depend on new
features:

emboss plugin will give you plastic, but dull looking layer. Now take
it's copy
and open threshold plugin. Select only a thin range (so the highlight
will be white, everything else is black), but let some unselected values
in the right (e.g. select 245 - 250) so that the highlight seems more
natural. Blur rle ~ 3. Overlay the result with the original embossed
layer

Examine wax-seal source, it's better than words :-)

If you will spice the corporate logo with it, send me URL, I'll gladly
look and/or place the link on my page!

> corporate logo is circular.  It is generated from a Postscript file
> that I wrote 9 years ago.  It could probably use a little dressing up
> in this present day and age.  Such a wax seal would look very good, I
> think.

Indeed!

                                        Edheldil