I am having a problem understanding the relationship between digital image
size and the image size printed from the Gimp on my HP DeskJet 694C.
I cannot see how an image of 640x480 can, printed at 600dpi, become the
size of an A4 sheet, without the Gimp making changes. ie Does the Gimp
take each pixel and expand (for want of a better word) it to multiple
My understanding is that a 640x480 image at 600dpi should be +-1.06666
inch by 0.8 inch not 11.9 inch by 8.4 inch. What am I missing ?

Alf Stockton    fast.co.za/~stockton
Electrocution, n.:
        Burning at the stake with all the modern improvements.