> Please solve my mystery!  How do i prevent  an image from being tiled
> when it's applied as a background gif on a web page. That is, are
> background images special, or do i have to create a really large gif?
> I find it hard to work in gfig with a 1000x1000 pixel image.  This of
> course creates a very big gif for web loading...

As far as I know, and I've been writing html a while, you simply can't.

Also, if the image has a single-colored background, I think that should
reduce the .gif-size greatly.

/Carl-Johan

"The only reason I keep my ms-dos partition is so
 I can mount it like the b*tch it is."
                              -- seen on slashdot

      Carl-Johan Sveningsson
      HHGTTG researcher 96339